Canvas for iOS
In 1989, Bill S. Preston, Esquire and Ted Theodore Logan pioneered the use of smartphone technology in education. They utilized a smartphone to access educational content in new ways and achieved an unprecedented level of mastery of the subject they studied.
Education technology innovators.
How can any smartphone from today compete with that? Sure, we have Angry Birds and Infinity Blade 2, but we have yet to achieve a breakthrough on par with Socrates and Beethoven in a time traveling pay phone.
Okay, so here at Instructure we haven't quite nailed time travel, but we do have a solution for students to utilize mobile platforms. It will help them communicate with one another and keep tabs on their academic progress. Today we are happy to announce the release of Canvas for iOS.
Canvas for iOS
Built natively for both the iPhone and iPad, students are able to interact with Canvas via an immersive touch interface. Wherever you go, Canvas can go with you.
- View your Canvas activity stream
- Stay on top of your to do items
- View your course schedules
- Read and participate in course discussions
- Read, create, and reply to Conversations
- View grades for your courses and individual assignments
- View submissions and participate in comment discussions with your instructor via text, audio, or video
For the technical people:
- Uses the Canvas open API
- Takes advantage of OAuth to provide support for single sign on systems
- Does not use a custom windowing system
Canvas for iOS will allow students more flexibility and control, so they can score some non-heinous grades. If you're on the Canvas Cloud, you can grab it from the app store today, at no additional charge to yourself or your school.
Also, check out this cool video:
Be excellent to each other,
blog comments powered by
Manager of Mobile Development